The 42nd Annual Boys Game will tip-off March 27 Via Vype
Originally Appeared on Vype
HOUSTON, TX – Today, McDonald's is supporting the next generation of basketball talent by unveiling the list of more than 800 top male and female high school seniors from across the country who have been nominated to play in the prestigious 2019 McDonald's All American Games. 13 players – 3 male and 10 female – hail from the GREATER Houston area. The local players nominated for the 2019 Games include:
- Sahvir Wheeler, Houston Christian School
- Donovan Williams, Lawrence E. Elkins High School
- Cody Hunter, Cypress Springs High School
- Jawain Caston, Alief Taylor High School
- Ashley Daniel, Lawrence E. Elkins High School
- Kate Petrovic, Kinkaid High School
- Dyani Robinson, Langham Creek High School
- Briley Perkins, Langham Creek High School
- Kayleigh Troung, Houston Jersey Village High School
- Kaylynne Troung, Houston Jersey Village High School
- Sophia Carrasco, Cinco Ranch High School
- Allie Byrd, Kingwood Park High School
- Elizabeth Scott, Klein Oak High School
- Taylor Thomas, Ridge Point High School
- McKinzie Green, Manvel High School
More on the list here
One of the big factors that led to the Texans' loss to the Jaguars on Sunday was the secondary. Multiple flags for pass interference gave Jacksonville more opportunities to pick up first downs and score points.
Can confirm #Texans backup CB Shaq Griffin was cut.
Griffin started 6 games this year when Derek Stingley was out with a hamstring.
— DJ Bien-Aime (@Djbienaime) November 29, 2023
So it's no surprise that DeMeco Ryans is making some changes to his defense this week. According to several reports, Texans corner Shaq Griffin has been cut.
Nickel corner Tavierre Thomas was flagged for PI more than once on Sunday, and was burned badly by Jaguars receiver Calvin Ridley for a touchdown.
DeMeco was asked after the game if he considered replacing Thomas with Desmond King or Shaq Griffin. Ryans didn't give a definitive answer, but it looks like we got one today.
One has to wonder if Desmond Kings' experience playing nickel was the reason for his promotion to the active roster and why Griffin was released. If Thomas continues to struggle, King looks like the next man up to replace him.
#Texans activate Denzel Perryman, promote Desmond King to active roster, release Shaq Griffin, sign Matt Ammendola and Garret Wallow to practice squad, released Gerrid Doaks from practice squad and placed Tytus Howard (knee-patellar tendon surgery pending) on injured reserve https://t.co/knyyoqo7yC
— Aaron Wilson (@AaronWilson_NFL) November 29, 2023
The Texans also made some other adjustments to their roster on Wednesday, per Aaron Wilson. Linebacker Denzel Perryman returns from suspension, kicker Matt Ammendola and linebacker Garret Wallow join the practice squad. They also released Gerrid Doaks from the practice squad.
The other big piece of news involves left guard Tytus Howard. He heads to injured reserve, ending his season after hurting his knee against Jacksonville.