THE KEY PLAYERS
The 5 Astros with the biggest impact on the World Series
The five most important Astros in this year’s World Series:
5) Charlie Morton. He was terrific in both the Game 4 loss and his Game 7 relief appearance. Spared a Ken Giles experience in Game 7.
4) Jose Altuve. The league MVP. His numbers weren’t terrific but he was clutch at times -- especially Game 5 -- and they do not win it without him.
3) Alex Bregman. The young third baseman was a force throughout, hitting big homers, getting the game winning hit in Game 5 and playing flashy defense. Emerged as a legitimate star in the postseason.
3) Carlos Correa. It gets overlooked just how good this young man has become, but he was solid in the series. And he proposed to his girlfriend after the game. That should be worth something.
1) George Springer. The Series MVP was a tough out all series, and he was at his best in Game 7, with a leadoff double and run and then a big two-run homer to give Houston a 5-0 lead.