Time for Braddock's only Mock Draft of 2020
Jayson Braddock's 2020 predictive mock draft
The 2020 NFL Draft is no longer months or days away. It'll kick off in a matter of hours. This year I decided to do a predictive mock draft. I'll make each of the picks and trades in a manner in which I think they will happen as opposed to what I would do.
There will be some players drafted higher than I would feel comfortable and some later. Again, this isn't based on my opinion of each prospect, instead it's based on what I believe each team will do when on the clock.
1. Cincinnati - Joe Burrow - QB - LSU --- Cincinnati turns down trade offers and sticks with the Heisman / National Champion signal caller.
2. Miami - TRADE - Tua Tagovailoa - QB - Alabama --- The Dolphins move up and get their quarterback of the future amindst rumors of them trading up for an offensive lineman.
3. Detroit - Chase Young - EDGE - Ohio State --- Due to Miami trading up for a quarterback, the Lions find themselves in position to take the best pass rusher in a class in which there aren't many elite players at the position.
4. NY Giants - Jerry Jeudy - WR - Alabama --- The Giants have a second-year quarterback and need to give him additional weapons. After trading away O'dell Beckham Jr, New York finds his replacement.
5. Washington - TRADE - Jeff Okudah - CB - Ohio State --- Washington was able to trade down, pick up extra picks and still get my top player in this draft. Okudah reminds me of another corner that Washington drafted 7th overall in 1999, Champ Bailey.
6. LA Chargers - Isaiah Simmons - LB/S - Clemson --- Yes, I know that LA needs a quarterback and Justin Herbert is staring them in the face, here. The Chargers have a defense with dynamic playmakers, give Gus Bradley, Simmons to add to the group and we may be looking at last year's 49ers squad, that is only a Cam Newton away from a strong season.
7. Carolina - Tristian Wirfs - OG - Iowa --- Matt Rhule and Joe Brady are taking over Carolina. Christian McCaffrey is going to receive $16 million a year. This will be a high-octane offense. Better make sure the horses are up front.
8. Arizona - Jedrick Wills - OT - Alabama --- Kliff Kingsbury needs to show what his offense can do in year two. After trading for DeAndre Hopkins, drafting Kyler Murray #1 overall last year and placing the transition tag on Kenyan Drake, it's time to solidify the line and allow the offense to build chemistry.
9. Jacksonville - CJ Henderson - CB - Florida --- The Jaguars decide to give Gardner Minshew another year. They need to replace AJ Bouye and Jalen Ramsey, two cornerbacks that played their college ball in the state of Florida. Make it a trifecta as Jacksonville stays in state and adds the speedster.
10. Cleveland - Mekhi Becton - OT - Louisville --- Oakland and Denver both call in hopes to trade up for a wide receiver but the Browns are tired of waiting on Washington for Trent Williams and with two offensive linemen off the board, Cleveland signs the mammoth 6'7 - 360 pound tackle to bookend with Jack Conklin.
11. NY Jets - CeeDee Lamb - WR - Oklahoma --- The Jets benefit from the Browns not allowing a team to jump them and land Lamb, who in my opinion is the best receiver in the draft.
12. Las Vegas - Henry Ruggs III - WR - Alabama --- The Raiders pull the trigger on the speedster from Alabama and Mike Mayock and Jon Gruden hope they've found their Tyreek Hill (on the field).
13. San Francisco - Derrick Brown - DL - Auburn --- After trading away DeForest Buckner, they find his replacement with the pick they receive from the Colts. Brown's "slide" is halted.
14. New England - TRADE - Justin Herbert - QB - Oregon --- The Patriots and Bucs keep their conversations open after New England trades Rob Growkowski to the Bucs. The Bucs return the favor and send the Patriots the pick to land their new quarterback.
15. Denver - AJ Terrell - CB - Clemson --- After unsuccessfully attempting to trade up for one of the top three receivers in this draft, the Broncos double down on AJ's as their starting cornerbacks. AJ Bouye and AJ Terrell should be a step in the right direction in attempting to slow down divisional foe and reigning Super Bowl champs, Kansas City Chiefs.
16. Atlanta - Jeff Gladney - CB - TCU --- Seeing the run on corners leads the Falcons to making a move in hopes to replace Desmond Trufant.
17. Dallas - Cesar Ruiz - C - Michigan --- A month before the draft Travis Frederick retired. A month later, the Cowboys replace him as they know the value of having a solid offensive line.
18. Washington - TRADE - K'Lavon Chaisson - LB - LSU --- Ron Rivera comes in and looks to turn around the defense immediately after picking up an extra first round pick from trading back, earlier in the draft.
19. Las Vegas - Javon Kinlaw - DT - South Carolina --- The Raiders solidify the interior of the defensive line, finding a stud in Kinlaw.
20. Jacksonville - AJ Epenesa - EDGE - Iowa --- The Jaguars use their second pick in the first round to select a bookend pass rusher to go with Josh Allen after they trade away Yannick Ngakoue.
21. Seattle - TRADE - Andrew Thomas - OT - Georgia --- Duane Brown will be 35 years old before the season starts. The Seahawks decide to trade up with the Eagles to secure their future left tackle.
22. Minnesota - Kristian Fulton - CB - LSU --- The Rhodes have been re-opened in Minnesota. The Vikings select Fulton to hopefully slow down some of the traffic.
23. Tampa Bay - TRADE - Jonathan Taylor - RB - Wisconsin --- If the Bucs are going on all-in with Tom Brady this season, why not give him the best running back in the draft. Taylor with Gronk, Mike Evans, Chris Godwin, Cameron Brate and Ronald Jones gives Brady the best chance to find the promise land once again.
24. New Orleans - Justin Jefferson - WR - LSU --- Drew Brees and New Orleans realizes that Tom Brady is in the division and the Bucs are trying to make a push. The Saints decide to give Brees another weapon in the pass game. Jefferson played last year for Joe Brady who spent time previously with the Saints. It should give him a better chance to catch on to the offense quicker.
25. Minnesota - Denzel Mims - WR - Baylor --- The Vikings need to find Kirk Cousins his new weapon that will replace Stefon Diggs. Mims is that big target that will fit right in and offensive coordinator Gary Kubiak who loves receivers that can block.
26. Miami - Josh Jones - OT - Houston --- The Laremy Tunsil trade comes full circle. After trading left tackle Tunsil to Houston for this pick among others, the Dolphins use the pick to select their new left tackle.
27. Philadelphia - TRADE - Jalen Reagor - WR - TCU --- The Eagles traded back as they had the next few receivers left on the board graded similarily. They select the speedster to become the "New DeSean Jackson".
28. Baltimore - Kenneth Murray - LB - Oklahoma --- The Ravens would like to give Lamar Jackson another weapon here like Brandon Aiyuk or D'Andre Swift but couldn't pass on Murray.
29. Tennessee - Zach Baun - LB - Wisconsin --- The Titans find a player in Baun that Mike Vrabel falls in love with at the end of the first round.
30. Green Bay - Ross Blacklock - DL - TCU --- After signing two studs on the edge, in free agency last year in the Smith brothers, the Packers go after Blacklock to replenish the defensive line on the interior.
31. Indianapolis - TRADE - Jordan Love - QB --- The Colts and 49ers pull off another trade for a first round pick in 2020. This time it's the Colts jumping into the back of the first round to select Love and secure a fifth year option on the developmental quarterback.
32. Kansas City - Jaylon Johnson - CB - Utah --- The defending champs decide to improve the defense instead of taking one of the trade offers coming in. The Chiefs thought about another offensive weapon for Mahomes but decide to wait until later.